Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Black Cow

Last night I received an email from a gentleman who lives in Northeast Ohio. He described to me an eyewitness account which was told to him while he and his wife were out conducting Bigfoot field research.

~"My wife became a fifth grade science teacher and recently published a book called "BLACK COW". Odd name for a book involving bigfoot unless you know why. We were investigating in Columbiana County during our time with AARF and met a farmer. We asked him if we could walk his property to take nature pics and assured him that we had no weapons. He was a great guy and we talked to him for 45 minutes or so. I looked at my wife and she gave me the 'go ahead' look and told the farmer our real reason we wanted to walk the area.

He became very serious and asked if we were the "Law" or from the "State". We emphatically said no and again explained we were investigating sightings from others in the area and that his farms location was kinda in the middle. He took his hat off (I know its cliche') and said with more of a sigh than anything else... "There's others." Our expressions of WTF? must have given us away. He told us this story.

" A few years back I woke up at night because all the animals were going nuts. I looked outside and saw a shadow of a man go behind my barn where the mercury light was. I called the sheriff and told them I had a prowler breaking into my barn and was going out on him. They said to stay inside, but I didn't. I grabbed my gun and went outside. Very quiet. I snuck down to the back of the barn where it was dark and come around the corner and there he was. He was big! Right in front of me. Looking down at me. All covered in hair and big! I backed up and ran to the house. "

I had to ask the obvious. "You had a gun. You ran?"

I think that pissed him off a bit. He continued.

"Hell yes I ran. You would have too! That thing was big. It didn't mean me harm though. He just looked at me. When I got back to the house, I looked out the window and saw him walk away into the corn. Never ran. Just walked away. The sheriff showed up about twenty minutes later and I was still a bit shaken. They asked what was going on and I told them that they wouldn't believe it. I started to tell them what I saw and as I did, that sheriff started walking away to his car like he was not believing me. I kept following him telling him I knew what I saw and That I wasn't crazy. He opened his car door and grabbed the radio and told me to hold on. That's when he said it. Craziest thing ever. He said " All units be advised we have a BLACK COW on the loose again". I started to tell him I know the difference between a cow and what I saw. He assured me he knew that and told me to stay inside tonight."

I interjected that BLACK COW was a code used for Bigfoot. He just nodded.
I have written to all of the county agencies around me and they have all denied any reports or investigations of bigfoot or knowledge of any codes to refer to it. ~


Black Cow

Alec Dewalt thinks he is done spending time in the woods of northern Ohio when his summer job ends. But after a strange car crash, a unique girl enters his life and Alec is thrown into a mystery that makes him question his father's job, his grandfather's death and the woods around him.
Native American folklore and government secrets combine when Alec explores the strange events that unfold right in his own backyard.
Ultimately, Alec must decide the fate of ancient secrets that may change everything...

1 Customer review
5.0 out of 5 stars Black Cow is an enjoyable read., April 30, 2012
By
Kat -
This review is from: Black Cow (Paperback)
I found BLACK COW to be a refreshing and enjoyable reading experience. Various books have been written about UFO's, aliens, and vampires. However BLACK COW addresses a more realistic phenomenon in an interesting manner. I whole heartedly recommend the book to young readers as well as readers who are young at heart.



2 comments:

  1. Let's hope it ain't a code for "Crazy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It very well could be! LOL I can hear the officer now!

    ReplyDelete