Monday, March 01, 2010

Vote for the Zorgy Awards

What does "fortean" mean?

I had to look it up because Lord knows I am not as savvy as all of you veterans in this field.

What's that? You aren't either? Oh, but you are more than happy now that I have looked it up for you, and you didn't have to admit to not knowing. I am such the educator.

The word "fortean" pertains to "anomalous phenomenon". Now what does that mean? Let me break it down.

Anomalous phenomenon is that which is not sufficiently explained by science or inferred knowledge. Sasquatch, UFO's, Loch Ness monster, Dogman, Chupacabra's, Mothman...you get the picture.

We all believe that one or more of the above mentioned "anomalies" exist, despite the lack of scientific proof.

The Zorgy awards are presented to people of the "fortean" world who we feel provide us with pertinent and up to date information. People who we can believe in.
The awards are presented to top paranormal researchers, web sites, blogs, discussion forums, television shows and podcasts.

Now, I did not see my website mentioned so I am a bit miffed. Just kidding!
Please click here to submit your votes.

You can only vote once! (perhaps you can write in The Bigfoot Field Reporter!)

The polls will close on March 7, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment