Friday, January 22, 2010

Who is a Bigfoot Researcher?

I can't even begin to count how many people in the world belong to a bigfoot organization, or who are conducting their own bigfoot research quietly, not reporting their findings to anyone. The number has to be in the thousands.

And who are all these people? I know that I have met a surgeon, a lawyer, construction workers, television producers, librarians, authors, teachers, night club managers, motivational speakers, plumbers, salesmen, cooks, factory workers and a lot of unemployed people.

Are they single? Married? Gay? yes,yes and yes. Do they go to church? Do they like to drink? Do they cheat on their spouses? Do they teach Sunday school? Are they shut-ins? The answer to all is yes! You cannot put the Bigfoot Researcher into one category. That is what makes us so unique.

How boring and questionable would it be if all bigfoot researchers where the same type of person? This isn't a cult where we are all brain-washed to act and behave in one certain way.

What motivates these "researchers"? Is it curiosity? Do they seek attention? Are they filling a void in their lives? Do they want to prove to the world that these creatures exist? Do they want to prove to themselves that these creatures exist?
Some have seen the creature. Some have yet to have their first sighting. Does having seen a sasquatch make you an authority? Heck no. Does finding a set of prints make you an expert in the field? NO.

Why does it seem like the whole world of bigfoot research is a competition?
Some researchers get petty when someone else is getting attention. I know of one "researcher" who fabricated evidence, yet, he doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, has a job, and a wife...I wouldn't ever believe a word he says again. Some cowards post anonymously about what they perceive is the foolishness of others.

Like I said, no one is an expert or an authority on sasquatch.

Many people who have done their own type of studying on the creature for years, have formed theories and opinions, but you cannot accept their beliefs as the gospel.

Some people believe that the sasquatch is a shapeshifter, or he is an alien being assisted by ET's and UFO's, those people will get ridiculed. Why? Just because they look at the situation through different eyes? Maybe if you do walk into the woods with your arms wide open, palms stretched outward and look to the heavens, and pray to the forest gods, you just may have opened yourself to a new realm of squatchtivity. Do I think you are crazy? No, I think you are open-minded.

How many books have been written on Bigfoot or Sasquatch? Fiction, non-fiction, articles, blogs???? And of all of these authors, who has seen one of these creatures? Who has a habituation situation? Who is gay, straight, bi-polar, an alcoholic, a Mormon, a Jew, a Christian? and Athiest? No one answer, right?

I have always written my blog fairly, not condemning any one person, or any style of research. I have tried to unite researchers from the west coast to the east coast. I have been having a lot of fun. I have made so many friends and acquaintances, and you know what?

They are Christian, single, married, gay, straight, doctors, scientists, unemployed, bi-polar, thin, overweight, tall, short, young, old...I can go on and on.

I will not stop my quest just because I don't fit someone's mold.

And I pray that all of you stay the same, and keep up the good work, don't let anyone change you by saying you are crazy, you are wasting your time, you are doing it wrong.

Peace.
Sharonlee

1 comment:

  1. What surprises me most about Bigfoot hunters and researchers is that so many, like myself, started after having an encounter with this creature. In my case, it was simply because I was tired of people wanting tangible evidence before they would seriously consider my story. I suppose it's just a matter of finding proof so I can say 'I told you so'...

    ReplyDelete