Saturday, June 09, 2012

In Fayette County, Yet Again!


For the past several years, Fayette County has been a hot bed of Bigfoot activity! I believe there are over 20 reports that have been submitted to the PBS in the past 2 years alone.

On June 2, 2012 Eric Altman and several other members of the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society were investigating a "hot area" for suspected Bigfoot activity.

The homeowner had been finding tree breaks, and on more than one occasion, other family members have seen something large, lurking, watching them from the treeline.

At approximately 10:30 p.m. that evening, they captured something on audio that seemed to be responding to the whoops. Listen to the audio HERE. Eric shared the findings the next day on his Facebook page and upon hearing the audio, and because I was dying to get into the woods again, I loaded up the Squatchmobile and drove the 4 hours to my destination.

I had asked the homeowner if it was ok for me to pitch my tent on his property and he gladly agreed!
I arrived around 6:30 p.m., we made introductions and he played his audio for me. Very interesting! I was wondering if I would regret my decision to camp out solo.

He then took me on a hike of the property and showed me where they had found several tree twists w/breaks and some odd formations. It was growing dark so we headed back.

Several teenage boys were present as well as 2 steer, goats, sheep and dogs. The property was absolutely breathtaking. Approximately 100 yards from the house, past a small patch of forest, was a pond stocked with blue gill, bass and several Koi. We decided the best place to pitch my tent would be next to the boathouse. I had help from one of the boys then we sat and waited for others to arrive.
Ron G and his girlfriend Kristen were the first to arrive, followed my Dave and Cindy Dragosin.
As soon as Eric arrived, a plan was devised for our evening ops.

2 way radios were dispersed and we split up into 5 groups in various locations.

The cool mountain air was beginning to settle in on us. There was electricity in the air. The enthusiasm and excitement of the teenage boys made us chuckle. They were having their first researching adventure!
Several whoops were made and the radios would come alive with chatter as the boys nervously claimed they were seeing "big things".

The researchers employed Tarzan whoops as well as Bobo whoops. Eric played several audio clips, the creepiest one being the crying baby, in an effort to stir up some Bigfoot curiosity.

As the hours passed, the night became more and more quiet. Too quiet. The spring peepers that were so obnoxiously vocal in the audio recording were dead silent. Nary a barred owl or night bird called.

A strange, loud wind began to blow the leaves in the trees making it impossible to hear anything. The wind finally subsided and a soft, cold drizzling rain peppered us off and on for about a half hour.

Around 1:00 a.m. we decided to reconvene at the boathouse. Soon researchers packed their gear and left, one by one, leaving me all to myself.

Two of the boys came back and started a fire and we sat out talking until 3 a.m. We said goodnight and I crawled into my tent and passed out almost immediately! It had been a very long day!

Unfortunately, nothing happened for the rest of the evening and I broke camp and made my 4 hour drive back home.

Some of the guys are headed back out tonight and I hope they have better luck than I did!

Visit the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/315713529678/


No comments:

Post a Comment