Monday, January 02, 2012

Another Update from Melba Ketchum

"For everyone that keeps asking for when the paper will be out, please understand that
1) I cannot talk about our data or it will never get published. Those are journal rules.
2) I cannot divulge which journal as that will kill our paper also so speculation is futile.
3) Peer review and publication can take 5 to 26 weeks and then there is the question of revision where they ask you to change or re-write or edit some of the paper. It is a rare paper that is accepted without some revision. I know this because I peer review for some well known scientific journals also.
4) Timing is very difficult to say the least because of #3 and once again, I am sure the journal would reject the paper if I told you exactly when I think the paper would be out. Soon is as much as I can say. I cannot afford to lose all of the exceptionally difficult work that my co-authors and I have put into this project. I am asking you to understand this! Please. 
5) I also ask you to understand that I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful to anyone by my silence. I would love nothing better than to scream our results to the world. But, like everything else in the world of Sasquatch, it will NOT prove ANYTHING if the data doesn't undergo the rigors of peer review in the scientific community. It has to convince the skeptics (or at least skeptical scientists) or it is just another attempt to prove the existence of BF that cannot be substantiated even though we have overkilled the science on this project beyond all realms of reason. So, I guess the question is, do we rush and and fail, or do we play by the rules and prove something once and for all that will vindicate thousands who have had sightings. They are real and most if not all of the people on FB here are believers. Please, let's do this right so the world will know once and for all that there is a real and illusive creature that is alive and well right here in our own backyards. If I have any news I can share, I will share it here though, OK?"
 
And now, today, 1/3/2012 She claims to be a witness:


"Yes, I do know about them now. I am glad I didn't see them until after most of the data was in. I needed to prove it scientifically to myself first as a former skeptic before hitting the field so to speak and actually observing them. I had no fear, the ones I encountered were peaceful and gentle. I keep going back, I know why so many people love doing this now."

1 comment:

  1. Be very careful when encountering a Bigfoot, not all big foots are gental. My guess is you approached it in the right way. You should provide details of how to approach a bigfoot. My encounters have not all been peaceful. My Grandfather and I had to Run for our life after we encountered a huge black Bigfoot, It gave us a territorial Display, and then it Charged us from across the Susquahanna River Bank. It Clearly let out a warning howl and Beat its chest as well as showing its teeth. We barely made it to our car when it approached our car and beat on the windows in frustration. We had been fishing quietly along the River in an area covered by brush and heavy foliage lotts of big trees, the river is low in the summer. The Bigfoot crossed on rocks but had no fear of wadeing into the water. It was a good thing we left our fish behind. We had little time to run. My advise to people who want to film a Bigfoot is A; Don't make alot of noise as normal Human activity, such as Radios, Roughouseing, Splashing, Talking loude , Barking or inquisitive Dogs, can Provoke a Bigfoot. B; Stay close to your car, or Atv, Helicopter, whatever Vehicle you use to go Bigfoot watching, - Keep it close! You can't escape one by climbeing a tree, and a tent won't protect you at all. A vehicle is the safest means of escape. My advise is C; Set up a camera trap: attach a Camera to another animal such as a Deer, Turtle, Bird-cam, Fox-cam. These animals will not alarm a bigfoot they are normal forrest animals. And they can get close to it easier than you can. You can use a domestic Dog such as a blood hound that has been trained to sniff out tracks-attach the camera to the Dog-a good Tracking dog given the sent of a Bigfoot could be the best answer. D; Don't go Bigfoot hunting alone. I don't care how experienced you are. Always bring friends.E; Make sure everone has a cell phone for emergency, and keep, flashlights handy with bright lights. And F; bring a Gun (Shot Gun, or Riffle- No Joke. Also make sure everyone in your groupe stays in the groupe don't let anyone wander off by themselves. There is safety in numbers. And make sure everyone has a Camera, or video equipment so everyone can get a picture. The more cameras you have the better your chance of getting a picture. Have fun but be safe.

    ReplyDelete