Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Goodbye to the Bigfoot Forums! :(

This just in from Bipto (Brian Brown)

As you all know, the BFF has been damaged recently. The damage was done by a malicious script running on an admin's computer without their knowledge. I have no idea how the script did its damage, but it does not appear as though it can be fixed.

Also, as you all know, I have recently "returned" to the forum. This was a mistake. I wasn't happy with what had happened to the forum's reputation and thought I had a solution that would have put the site on a firm footing for the future. That may all still happen, but I don't know when. Bottom line is my personal and professional obligations do not, at this time, allow me to give this site the attention it requires. Also, I have no idea to whom I can give the forum. Honestly, I don't know if I *want* to give the forum to anyone. The fate of the BFF is tied to me in a way it isn't with anyone else.

I have come to the difficult conclusion that best course of action for me to take is to put the forum on a hiatus during which no posting will be allowed. For all intents and purposes, the BFF is closed until further notice. I will leave the site up as long as I am able. All the content will be visible, but posting and new registration will be suspended. There was a time when the BFF was necessary. I believe that time has passed.

When a redwood tree falls, thousands of little ones sprout on its stump to take its place. It's time for whatever comes after the BFF to sprout.

-First the TBRC implodes, then the BFF shuts down!!!! Don't worry folks, I will always be here for all of your Bigfoot news and needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment